Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage : 30 miles (Down Week)
2/12/12 -2/18/12

Sun: Off
- Feels good to get 2 days off in a row, but for 3 I just cannot do.

Mon: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
- After two days off it was time to start up again. Felt good but thought I would have felt better body wise. However I did run pretty smooth/quick for feeling slower than I actually did. It kind of makes me feel good that I know I can run even faster when feeling better (Guess I'll find out Sunday). A little chilly today in the mid 40s, but I warmed up quick. Also got my first sidestich today which I thought was odd on a cold day. For the most part I consider this to be a great run.

Tues: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Did not feel like running at all today. It was probably in large part to the weather outside, being that it was in the low 40s and cloudy. Almosted tweaked my ankle again! It is very frustrating having to run conservativeally and if my foot over supinates that pain will shoot right up through my ankle making my legs just buckle and fall down. I just hate that it's always in the back of my mind. Overall, decent run for how my run started/feeling about it. Also another sidestich, wtf, need to start paying more attention to my water intake, which I normally do. It must be this down week making me lazy I guess.

Wed: 5 miles (Raisin Woods)
- I decided to push it today. It tough doing it by myself but did it to the best of my abilities. I was sore and tired today which probably affected my run some, but I finished my 5 mile loop faster than I normally do which was good.

Thur: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Good run. Nice weather, low 60s and sunny. No ankle problems either! Did not have to run conseravitivly. Feeling confident about this race!

Fri: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Great easy run, low 60s and sunny again! Holla! Needs to stay this way, loving the weather! Everything seems in order for the race.

Sat: off

Great down week. Race is on Sunday and will be upping the mileage even for the next 4 weeks till my next race. I need and want to start paying more attention to my nutrition and some strenghening exercises to increase me performance, plus just be more fit in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment