Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage : 52 miles
2/05/12 -2/11/12

Sun: 8 miles (Downtown Dalton)
- Early morning run with the DAR (Dalton Area Runners Facebook Group). Did not get to run with anyone but nice to have a group to start with. Really warm morning, I felt great and ran pretty fast.

Mon: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Slow and sore. Just felt plain tired. Ran in minimus shoes

Tues: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Felt like yesterday except worse. Feel like my body is taking a beating.

Wed: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Started off feeling good, but then suddenly tweaked my ankle again!!! Not even 2 miles in!! Ended up having to lay down on the trail for 15 minutes then walked a bit and stopping. Very frustrating!! Had to jog and hike out of the 5 mile loop. By the time I finished the 5 mile loop my ankle seemed to loosen up a bit so I got the rest of my mileage in. I was running in my minimus shoes and thought my ankle was fully healed and if it was it wasn't it sure isn't now. It's sore to the touch as of now. Going to be running in regular running shoes with more support for a while, dang it.

Thur: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Ankle is sore. Ran conservatively be my ankle was sore and I'll be running 12 tomorrow.

Fri: 12 miles (Raisin Woods)
- I ran pretty well today considering the week seemed to have plagued my body with soreness and such. Great cool day for a 12 miler for sure. 50+ Baby

Sat: off
- All work and no play makes me a dull boy!

Overall, it was a very tiring week. Finally got over the 50 + mark!! Pumped!! My body can tell the mileage it getting up there. Ready for the down week and my first race (which I will be posting about it soon). I am going to have to start paying more attention to my recovery and nutrition, which I believe is why I felt so tired and sore this week with the rising of the mileage. Just 8 more days till my 6K trail run. Short race and not crazy about it, but its part of the Rock Creek Trail Race Series and I plan on getting them all in. Luckily it's the shortest one. Going to have some competition from my younger brother I feel since it's such a short race. Everything seems to be working out. Once I get into the 60+ range of running is when things will have to get serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment