Monday, February 20, 2012

Race Day Recap: Southern 6 Trail Race
Distance: 6K (heard it was actually a 6.2K even know I have never heard of such)
Location: Southern Adventist University's Biology Trail
Time: 26:13
Place: Tied for 16th overall

It's been almost a year or longer since I have raced, and was a bit nervous but felt confident at the same time. The weather was perfect if you felt like getting wet and getting mud all over yourself. I could have gone for it to be a little warmer, it was in the lower 40s. (Ran in shorts, short sleeve, gloves) The course was mostly a new single track trail craved out of the hillside and started/ended on pavement. Compared to my last races I felt like I was stronger than in years past. I could tell a difference in my hill running as compared to other runners, I passed several people on the up hills. Also, I don;t believe there was a flat part in the race, you were either running uphill or downhill. The race was a very fast one. Not going to lie I am really glad that it's over with so I can get to the longer distances. Just to compare my time from last years times I would have placed 2nd overall, so yeah lots more fast people and they were pretty young too. I decided to run in my New Balance Minimus shoes and ran fine in the, no problems with the ankle. However, I plan on buying some new trail shoes with a little bit more support for races, but will still continue to train partly in my New Balance Minimus. Overall I am really pleased with my time and am pumped up and ready for my next race on March 24th, The River Gorge Trail Race (10.3 miles). I am hoping to carry on my momentum.

A few Pictures From The Race (Thanks to my dad for taking them)

     The Start with my friend (who got 3rd overall), brother, and me (I swear I wasn't looking at that guys tail end lol)

Flying down the hill

No comments:

Post a Comment