Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage : 43 miles
1/22/12 -1/28/12

Sun: 8 miles (Edwards Park)
- Ran great today. I decided to run at Edwards Park, which has a 2 mile course to run on. I need to run here sometimes to pick up some speed (id you want to call it speed). It give me a chance to lengthen my stride out rather than running on the trails with switchbacks slowing me down, however I believe it make me stronger. For some reason I always tend to run well on Sundays. I feel it's probably because I usually get a rest day before hand and tend to eat more on the weekends.

Mon: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- A little sluggish and sore from the day before. A little slower, but I probably needed the slower pace.

Tues: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Felt great! Finally the sun decided to show itself after days and days of clouds and rain. Very warm also which helped. Also, ran in my NB minimus shoes, my feet are starting to come along and getting used to it. I feel a lot faster when I run in my minimalist shoes. Upping the mileage in them and soon will hopefully be upping the days running in them also.

Wed: 6 miles (Edwards Park)
- Bad day running, just felt slow and didn't really even feel like running. Could hardly to get my legs to go. Just one of those bad days

Thur: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Felt good, nothing special. The trail was nothing but wet and mud. Another good day in the NB minimus shoes.

Fri: 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Decent run. Could tell it had been 2 wks or more since I've ran that long. Feels good to get a longer run in. Didn't get to go anywhere special this week. Hopping next week will be different. I may be sweeping up a trail for a mountain bike race. If I do so it will be the first part of the trail, so hopefully my stops will be minimal.

Sat: off
- Spent most of the day standing up working at the hospital. I really want to get into PT school. Every time I work over there it just confirms all the more it's the path I want to take my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment