Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well cheers to a Happy New Year! 2012! Wooo! I figured I would start blogging for reasons I really don't know why. I believe it's more or less for me to inspire myself and hopefully others in running/staying fit/living healthy. I made this blog awhile ago but never seemed to feel like writing till now. I intend to mainly to use this as a training tool to keep me on my toes and hopefully add in other things along the way. Not going to lie, I mainly got the idea of doing this by just looking at only 2 blogs, and keeping up with them, lately. The first is Anton Krupicka (highly recommend, his blog truely inspires me to keep running) and Coach Jay Johnson (I just enjoy reading about different workouts/coaching, pretty much anything that deals with the sport of XC).

So, to start off a little about me, not the best at grammer/spelling (hoping to get better with every blog lol). I'm a recent college graduate with a degree in exercise science. I have been running ever since I started in middle school. I was fortunate to be able to run in Junior College and also Division II. With that being said I am by far not crazy fast, but had worked hard to be able to achieve running in college (always last on conference team, but hey I made conference team!!! lol). I am currently trying to get back into shape, but more for the longer distances (I like to say I have retired from 5K and 8K, give me anything from half marathon plus). Current goal is to compete in the Rock/Creek Trail Series. Also, other life goal besides running is getting into Physical Therapy School (just one pre req and GRE test left before apply later in the year). Overall, I just want to be healthy and fit (notice my Blog name) and running is how I do that. It truely has been part of half my life. However, I am human and I lack in certain areas like lifting and nutrition, which I know and one day will tackle it all I hope.

This Weeks Total Mileage: 36 miles
 12/25 - 12/31
Sun - 5 miles
Mon - 7 miles
Tues - 6 miles
Wed - 5 miles
Thurs - 5 miles
Fri - off
Sat - 8 miles

I had a great first week. All the mileage was at Raisin Woods Mountain Bike Park in Dalton, GA. It's a great place to run trails that is close. Also, for Christmas on Sunday I got the New Balance Minimus shoes, what can I say I'm an Anton Krupicka fan and am jumping on the band wagon. I ran Sunday - Wednesday in the minimus shoes (knowing I should not have done that, but did anyways) and had to switch back over to my regular ones for the rest of the week. However, for the most part I am very pleased at how well I have adapted to them, yes it is the first week, but being at low mileage I know has benefited me greatly into the minimus transition. I can tell a big difference in my feet/ankle/calf how minimalist running shoes are working me compared to regular running shoes (and yes the book Born to Run got me curious in the whole minimalist running idea, a must read by the way)

Old Picture (I'm the blonde in the middle in purple)
"Oh How I Miss The Junior College XC Days" - Go Young Harris Mountain Lions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment