Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week Summary
1/8/12 - 1/14/12

Total Milage: 45 miles
Sun: 7 miles
Mon: 7 miles
Tues: 8 miles
Wed: 5 miles
Thurs: 10 miles
Fri: 8 miles
Sat: Off

Topped off at 45 miles this week!!!!  It's been a long time since I've hit that mark. My body can also tell it hasn't ran that much in a long time also (A little sore). Sunday my younger brother ran with me which pushed me greatly that day (Took me awhile, but eventually dropped him). I felt great on Sunday, not sure if it was my brother with me or what, but it was one of those good days where you feel you can run forever and as fast as you want too. However, pushing it Sunday made my next three days (Monday - Wednesday) of running sluggish. Monday I was just outright sore, Tuesday I had nothing but dead legs, and Wednesday was also another dead leg day where I just couldn't seem to get a rythm at all. On Thursday my legs decided to come back from the dead a little, good for me since I decided to get 10 in, because I went to visit some old college friends that day and wasn't sure how Friday would go. Also for a side note Sunday - Thursday was nothing but stright rain, wind, and mud (luckly on the warm side though). Friday I had a decent run and it was a beautiful day, but it freezing cold with wind. Overall I had an ok week. Glad to have gotten in the mileage, but just felt a little slow with the exception of Sunday. Also, I like to add that didn't run in my minimalist running shoes. I wanted to let the bottom of my feet heal. Next week is my down week, so it will give my body a little rest!

I didn't go anywhere special this week. I just ran at Raisin Woods the whole week since the weather was not so great. Also had to work on Saturday which didn't help to get me going anywhere.

Off the topic of running I finished a great read. I finished Tim Tebow's Through My Eyes. What's crazy is that I finished it on the night he won in overtime againist the Steelers. I highly recommend it. As I'm typing this the Broncos are currently getting destroyed, but despite that fact he is truely a competitor and is a highly dedicated individual of becoming better in all aspects of his life. It's inspiring to read how hard he has worked to overcome the adversity he faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment