Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage: 40 miles
4/15/12 - 4/21/12


Sun: Off
- Feels good to have two day off in a row.

Mon: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 48.59, Avg. Pace: 8.10
- It's kind of weird running this low of mileage, I better not get used to it. I thought i would have felt better than I did today. Reasons could be that I ran on a spur of the moment right after class with properly hydrating/eating. Also, it was a bit humid today.

Tues: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 49.05, Avg. Pace: 8.11
- Felt about like yesterday. Didn't eat breakfast which isn't a good thing so I didn't have much to burn. I really need to start getting serious about my nutrition, be skinny and all I don't have much to burn. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel the love. It's really not that hot out, but it was pretty humid. Maybe it's a bit of burn out and also nutritional problems, if I could just get that in order I believe I could reach my potential. Feels like the days where I was in high school and college, and not eating enough and feeling tired and sore all the time!! This needs to be addressed.

Wed: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.02.52, Avg. Pace: 7.52
- Felt better today. Temperature was cooler than it has been being in the high 50s. cloudy, and drizzle. I figured I would take advantage of the weather and try to get in a few more miles and also upping the tempo up a little. I probably would have gotten in 10 if I had some gels with me. Trying to enjoy this down week as much as I can.

Thur: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.00.32, Avg. Pace: 7.34
- The sun finally came out today, I believe it gave me a boost. After studying/practicing the GRE test Prep I believe I had a lot stored up in me and was ready for a good run. Best I've felt all week.

Fri: 12 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.35.53 Avg. Pace: 7.59
-  Started off feeling good, but as soon as I was finished with my first lap I just became slower and slower. I expected my average pace to be slower than it was so I really should not complain. Good run, had a lady warn me of a baby copperhead down the trail, but I luckily didn't run into it or just didn't see it. The joys of running in the woods.

Sat: off
- Cut grass.

For it to be a down week I felt like I have been in a slow funk for some reason. I just didn't feel like myself, who know maybe my body just craves more mileage. Ready to get back at in on Sunday! 4 more weeks till race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment