Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage: 70 miles
4/08/12 - 4/14/12


Sun: 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.23.00, Avg. Pace: 8.21
- Happy Easter! Wore the ole pink polo in support of it. Legs still were a bit sore. The first lap I felt fine, but on the 2nd I could tell I was going to have to call it and take 10 for the day. I'm pretty sure my legs are going to constantly stay sore till I get my down week. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other is all I can do. I will say that I know my body and know when I am pushing it too hard, and so far I am doing great and staying on the other side of the line. Endurance running just can keep you sore a bit is all.

Mon: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 59.50, Avg. Pace: 8.33
- Ran east with my brother late in the evening. The last 2 miles I was pretty much running in the wood legally blind, thankfully I didn't fall. Goal was to take it slow, but my legs are just sore and tired from the previous week. I'm also starting to get a little burned out. Hoping tomorrow I will feel much better about it all.

Tues: 20 miles
AM- 12 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.36.54, Avg. Pace: 8.05
- Ran in the late morning to early afternoon. The weather was perfect outside. Felt a whole lot better than yesterday mentally wise, and physically. Hoping this evening I'll feel the same!
PM- 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.00.45, Avg. Pace: 7.36
- Felt even better this evening. Ran a good fast pace. Goal was to run faster which I did, so I'm pleased with my results. Next few days slow and easy and hitting it hard on Friday. Training is going well! Nothing to crazy happened to me today, which can be a good thing. On a good note I have no more physics labs ever!

Wed: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 52.32, Avg. Pace: 8.47
- It was nice out today and that's about all that was going for me. My time should show how I felt running today. Sore, but that was expected. I could barely get a turnover rate going. Tomorrow should be a little better!

Thur: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 49.36, Avg. Pace: 8.16
- Felt much better today, still taking it slow so that I will be ready for my run tomorrow morning. Just one more long run and then the down week can begin. Kind of chilly today running, almost ran with a shirt on, but decided not too. Gotta get that summer tan on! Ready for my long run!

Fri: 21 miles (Pinhoti Trail: Piltcher's Pond to Dug Gap Mountain)
Time: 3.40.52 Avg. Pace: 10.31
- Despite my time showing I felt that I had a pretty good run. Started off slow and I believe that could have been due to not only muscle fatigue from the previous week runs, but also eating breakfast 30 minutes before hand. It took about 7 or 8 miles before I even could get warmed up. Also, I'm not much of a morning runner either. From mile 7 to 13 I started to get my turnover rate going, but this was probably the easier section of the trail, really no problems here. Then the last 8 miles came which is the toughest and longest of my life, I still don't see how mountain bikes ride this! This section of the trail consists of nothing but small to medium sized rocks in the middle of the trail that twist and turns your ankle. I was at that point to where it's more comfortable running uphill than it was downhill. Mentally I wanted off the trail early, but the good thing about this trail is there is only one way to finish and that is to complete it, no cutting runs short there. Probably would have liked to run it a little faster, but still a great run. Perfect weather and perfect day in the woods, couldn't ask for anything better. No pictures this time, I wanted to run straight through without taking much breaks. Now it's down week time, not going to lie I'm pumped for it, plus my body needs it. 5 weeks till marathon!

Sat: off
- Lucky me I get to work today. Haha!


Awesome Cover to CHEERS (Drink To That) by Walk Off the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment