Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage: 65 miles
4/01/12 - 4/07/12



Sun: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.04.00, Avg. Pace: 8.23
- Goal was to run easy today and recover from yesterdays 15 mile run. Legs felt good considering the rough miles I put in the day before, very surprised. However, I did not push it, I've got to be ready for Tuesday's Track workout. Weather was awesome this evening, felt perfect outside. Saw several Mountain Bikers on the trail, it's awesome to hear them yelling through the woods and having a good time out on the trail. I'm just a big believer in physical activity and love to see people out and about while having a great time.

Mon: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1:00.22, Avg. Pace: 8.37
- Didn't really have it today. I wasn't there mentally either which didn't help at all. Just wanted to go home and lay down. It could have been for the fact I was running in the hottest part of the day. Legs are feeling dead and tired, not sure how tomorrow will go.

Tues: 18 miles
AM-(Northwest Whitfield Track)
8 X 1 mile repeats
Time:
1 - 6.38
2 - 6.46
3 - 6.56
4 - 7.01
5 - 6.55
6 - 7.04
7 - 7.20
8 - 7.10
- Well the goal today was to do 17 mile repeats and be finished for the day, but my body did not allow that. You can only do what your body allows so I had to cut it short. I knew at laps 7 and 8 I was going to need to call it a day. It didn't help that I woke up late and had to run in the late morning when it was hotter than it would have been earlier. After physics lab today I'm going to finish my mileage over at Raisin Woods and try to push it a bit.
PM- 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.13.54, Avg. Pace: 7.23
- Felt wayyyy better this evening. Ended up running negative splits for my 4.9 mile laps and then a short cool down. It's like 10 degrees cooler in the woods. My first lap was 37.34 and my second was a killer 36.19. Total time was 1.13.54. I was just feeling the love somehow, especially on the second lap. My legs don't feel so tired. Liking this 2 a days stuff, but have to run at different places so it's not so bad. Pumped for the total 18 miles for the day!!!

Wed: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.01.41, Avg. Pace: 8.49
- Not feeling the love today, just read to get off the trail. Glad my plans were to not run hard, because it would have been a disaster. Hot outside, I don't know when I will learn not to run in the heat of the day! By the way, saw my first snake today, almost stepped on it at the end of my run.

Thur: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 59.19, Avg. Pace: 8.28
- It's amazing how different I feel when I run in the later part of the evening when the sun is going down. My legs felt awful today and almost didn't even run, but after dinner I decided that I couldn't help myself so I put on my shorts and headed out. Ended up feeling better on the trail, just took a few minutes, and then I put myself in a nice easy cruise control and it felt great. Feeling way better about my long run tomorrow now that the legs are loosened up.

Fri: 18 miles (Pinhoti Trail: Snake Creek Gap to Keown Falls to John Mountain Loop Trail and back)
Time: 2.51.52 Avg. Pace: 9.33
- Ended up having to work most of the day. Originally I was planning on running in the morning, but due to work I ended up heading out at around 5 in the evening. After standing all day, the last thing I really cared to do was run 18 miles, but somehow I just had it in my head to go. The weather was actually perfect, it had cooled off from a storm system that went through last night, making it cool and breezy. My legs were probably not the freshest that they could have been, but they got me to where I needed to be in a timely manner. Any time you run on the Pinhoti, especially the parts I do, your legs/ankles will definitely get a workout. I just barely beat the dark when I finished up, if it wasn't for my picture taking for this blog I would have been out of there in no time. Also, would like to know how I'd do on fresh legs, I just know I could tear that section up. Fluid intake was great, helped that it wasn't so hot out. One more high mileage week and finally a down week. Training is going awesome. Feeling very confident about my trail marathon coming up!

Sat: off
- Feels good to rest, with the exception of mowing grass

Pictures From Friday's Run. Enjoy!


Picture doesn't do it justice, but my favorite part of the trail


1st Overlook





2nd Overlook, Friday Evening View





No comments:

Post a Comment