Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage: 56 miles
3/11/12 - 3/17/12

Sun: off
- Decided not to run today, because I was recovering from getting home late from the Blessthefall and We Came as Romans concert. Did not help that the time had changed, by springing foreword. Ended up getting a good nap in after church. Pumped about getting to run later in the day with daylight left to give!
Mon: 12 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.29.54, 7.30 avg. pace
- Awesome run! Ran two 6 mile laps. The first was at 45.16, with the second being a negative split at 44.20. It's always nice to see that. In between took a couple minutes to take a gel and wash it down with some water. Was a little afraid that I was going to slow down on the second lap, but my legs felt great and kept trucking along. It was raining the whole time, but it was still warm in the mid 60s outside and I was able to run without a shirt. Today makes me excited for the race. Hoping on Thursday I'll be going to get some new trail running shoes.

Tues: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time:1.02.42, 7.50 avg. pace
- It's starting to get hot outside and it's only March! Mid 70s and getting humid, my sweat was in full force today. Going to be one hot summer I feel. Before running I did my core workout routine, which feels time consuming but I know it's good for me. I am hoping to switch to more kettle bell workouts after my next race. For my run, it went better than I thought it would have. I figured I would have been slow due to the fact that I ran long and fast yesterday. Ended up scaring a walker out on the trail again today, it's my 3rd time I've done that. I try to make as much noise possible before trying to pass them but it seems to no avail. However it does tend to make me laugh. Overall it was a generally good run. No breaks on this run, just straight 8 miles with no gels or water till the end.
Workout Routine:
- push ups 3*10
- claims 2*15
- planks 2*1 min
- fire hydrant 2*15
- ab routine various crunches (takes about 10 minutes total)
- lateral leg raise 2*5 each (15), neutral, pointing out, pointing in
- wall sit 3*1 min
- slide planks 2*45s
- glute kickback 2*20
- oblique crunch 2*20

Wed: 15 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.56.00 Avg pace: 7:44
- Today I got some new trail shoes and decided the only way to truly break them in was to put 15 miles in. I would like to thank the guy at Fast Break Athletics for helping pick a new shoe. They are great guys and really know their shoes. Felt smooth and strong today, makes me feel real good about my upcoming race. Also, kept about even splits for the 4.9 mile loops, just falling a litte every one. Very warm outside in the mid 70s and sunshine.

Thur: 5 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Absolutely sore today. Cardio wise I could go for miles, but my legs were just dead, with good reason. I even had to stop and walk some. Just a rough day but I needed the recovery. Was hoping to get at least 7 miles but I had to pull the plug. Hot outside, mid 80s!!! Ahhh!

Fri: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Almost didn't run today but decided to head out late evening to run. Wanted to get more mileage in but I ran out of daylight, and running out of daylight in the woods is a no go. I had my head lamp for the last mile, but I can't seem to run with it. It hurts my head and I get tunnel vision and it gives me a headache. I need to invest in a better one. The goal was to run smooth and slow and that's what I did. So a successful run, I did want to get more in, but I can make the difference up tomorrow. I plan on doing the same-ish speed. Still kind of in recovery mode from that fast and long Wednesday run. Felt perfect outside. Also, before my run I did my core workout routine.
Workout Routine:
- push ups 3*10
- claims 2*15
- planks 2*1 min
- fire hydrant 2*15
- ab routine various crunches (takes about 10 minutes total)
- lateral leg raise 2*5 each (15), neutral, pointing out, pointing in
- wall sit 3*1 min
- slide planks 2*45s
- glute kickback 2*20
- oblique crunch 2*20

Sat: 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
Ran 10 instead of 14. Just 4 miles short of 60 miles for the week. Felt tired and sore. Plan was to go easy and smooth like yesterday but I just didn't fell smooth at all. Warm outside.

Took me awhile to get this post up due to the fact I came down with the stomach flu Saturday night. Nasty stuff as of today Wednesday the 21st I finally feel normal. That was the sickest that I have ever been. I ended up losing 9lbs!!!!! So far I've gained 4 of it back. This is a BIG blow to my race this weekend on the 24th. All that I can do know is eat and drink fluids like a mother and hope for the best. Haven't ran since last Saturday. My race plan is too take more than the normal gels I had plan on and try to survive off that. If I do terrible, I'll probably be a little upset but hey what can you do. My excitment for this upcoming race has gone down, but I'll still try to make the best of it with some cool people that will be there. I might try to run a few miles tomorrow to see how it goes. I guess that's what I get for working in a hospital.

Here's my new favorite trail shoes:


Peregrine 2

No comments:

Post a Comment