Saturday, March 10, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage : 40 miles
3/04/12 - 3/10/12


Sun: 8 miles (Downtown Dalton)
- Actually ran in the early morning today at 6:30am. Not really big on morning runs just because my body never feels awake, but to I felt pretty good. Ran pretty fast around a 7-7:30 min pace. Pretty sore from the run, not used to running on the streets fast. The woods keep me slow. I should probably add more road runs.....Weather was cold in the low 30s, when the wind was not blowing.

Mon: 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Great run. Plan was to run slow, but ended up running a negative split lap for my last one. Reason to this was because I hooked up with another runner on my 2nd lap. He wanted to pace off me so it made me run a little faster. No telling how I'm going to feel tomorrow, because I'm hurting right now. Nice day, in the 50s.

Tues: off
- Went to my brothers track meet. Did not have enough time to run. However I did do my core workout.
Workout Routine:
- push ups 3*10
- claims 2*15
- planks 2*1 min
- fire hydrant 2*15
- ab routine various crunches (takes about 10 minutes total)
- lateral leg raise 2*5 each (15), neutral, pointing out, pointing in
- wall sit 3*1 min
- slide planks 2*45s
- glute kickback 2*20
- oblique crunch 2*20

Wed: 5 miles (Raisin Woods)
- I've been working all week and havn't been getting out till later in the day. Felt awful today. Legs were dead and didn't have anything in the gas tank. Had to cut it way short (sometimes you just have to do that). Hoping to bounce back tomorrow. Ugly outside also.

Thur: off (oh life!)
- Life is getting in the way this week. Been working full time and today had to help my dad my mom's car in the shop, and also went to watch my freshman stud of a brother run at a track meet again(wish I had his talent at his age). Will definitely have to start fresh next week since spring break will be over with. Not letting this get me down, still feel good about things to come. Sometimes life just happens, but at least it's nothing bad. As of today looking to get in at least 40 miles for the week which won't be terrible for a not so good running week. No core workout just went to bed when I got home so I will be ready for work tomorrow.

Fri: 7 miles (Raisin Woods)
- Just trying to get an even 30 today so that I can have 40 by tomorrow, not bad week considering how busy it was (trying to stay positive). Great run though, can tell my legs are feeling better with the lower mileage. Weather was a little chilly, but sunny. Finally getting to run somewhere different tomorrow, hoping to get some great pictures.

Sat: 10 miles (Mullen's Cove near Chattanooga Tenn.)
-The morning started off cold in the mid 30s, but warmed up really quick. Awesome day outside nothing but sun and clear skies. This is the trail that will be the River Gorge Trail Run. I've ran it a few times in the past, and wanted to get a feel for it so I will be ready in a few weeks. This is a pretty rough trail especially near the end when you hit up the rock garden (and it just has to be at the end). I started off with my brother and we parted ways after a little over 3 miles because he was doing the shorter route. I didn't go balls to the wall this run. I took my time crossing creeks, looking at over looks, and getting around rocks in the rock garden. I figure race day is when I'll just trudge through the creek and get wet, no point for me and doing it in a regular run that I wasn't trying to push. Also, ran (more like got passed by) into one of the Rock Creek Race Team members running, Johnny Clemons, very nice guy by the way. After running today I believe it's time to invest in some trail running shoes the Asics 2160 are not cutting it out on the trail.


Well 18 miles short of what I wanted to do for the week, but what can you do when other responsibilities come up in life. I can make excuse after excuse but eventually what it comes down too is how bad do you want it and how much are you willing to put into it to say you did everything you could have done to do your best. Such as getting up earlier at the crack of dawn or putting on the head lamp for a late night run. For me, I did not live up to this expectation that I try and set in front of myself. I faltered a little this week, but next week is a fresh new week, who knows maybe this 40 mile week was actually good for my body. I won't let this week bring me down, I am still excited about the River Gorge Trail Race on the 24th (2 weeks) and am still feeling confident and good about it.

Hope you enjoy a few pics from Mullen's Cove where I ran this Saturday.


Thanks in part to my brother, before we parted ways (little over 3 miles in)

2nd over look (5ish miles in)

No comments:

Post a Comment