Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekly Recap
Total Mileage: 71 miles
4/29/12 - 5/05/12


Sun: 16 mile
AM - 6 miles (Downtown Dalton)
Time: 45.12, Avg. Pace: 7.32
- Met with the Dalton area runners early this morning to run in town. Ran with my younger brother and the plan was to take it easy but our civil rivalry would not let that happen. Felt pretty good running. Last mile was a 6.43.
PM - 10 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.19.28, Avg. Pace: 7.57
- Ran good this afternoon also. Legs just allowed me to run quick out on the trail with just a days rest since my 20 miler. Pretty wore out afterwards however. Hopping tomorrow will be kind to me.


Mon: 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.06.36, Avg. Pace: 8.20
- A little stiff and sore but not much. What got me today though was the heat!! It's the last day of April and it's already over 90 degrees!!

Tues: 20 miles
AM- 12 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.35.04, Avg. Pace: 7.55
- Decided to run with music which seemed to help consider I woke up sore and stiff. Not sure how this evening will go. Probably going to try to take it easier, but I'm not sure yet. May just go based on feel, which is kind of what I did this morning.
PM- 8 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 1.04.19, Avg. Pace: 8.02
- Having the feeling of being burned out. Hopping something exciting happens in my life soon. Hot and no fun. At least I'm under trees 90 percent of the time

Wed: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 54.21, Avg. Pace: 9.04
- I almost want to say I hate running today. Sore and tired from 20 miles yesterday. Didn't want to be out there especially in the heat!

Thur: 6 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 50.29, Avg. Pace: 8.25
- Took me about 25 minutes or so to get the legs loose and moving in a good rhythm, and once they started going it was a whole lot easier. Feel way better about my long run tomorrow than I did yesterday. Now I am off to take the GRE test. Don't really want to spend the next 5 hours of my life taking a test. It only decides if I can get into physical therapy school or not. Hoping I'll only have to take it once.

Fri: 15 miles (Raisin Woods)
Time: 2.01.45 Avg. Pace: 8.07
- Nothing special on this run. Ran early this morning due to the fact I have to work in the middle of the day and I am going to a concert later tonight. Wanted 5 more miles this week but everything is fine.

Sat: off

January:
Total Mileage: 177 miles

February:

Total Mileage: 193 miles

March:
Total Mileage: 190 miles

April:
Total Mileage: 269 miles


2012 Mileage: 829 Miles
Getting those miles in this past month. I'm pumped and ready for this trail marathon coming up. No injuries (knock on wood) or anything to complain about except for the hot weather. My slow and steady progression is working like a charm. Goal is to get 100 mile in sometime during a week this summer if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment